NOSA and the Coral Marina operators are recommending that all Newport to Ensenada Race boat owners register their boats for a TIP permit, it is Mexican Law.
The TIP is a permit which allows for the temporary importation of a vehicle into Mexican States. The following is the link (web site) where you’ll find all the information to get the TIP permit, and in an enclosed document you’ll find the procedure step by step.
To get your permit the following tips are offered by the Mexican Govenrment.
1. You may request your permit 7 to 60 days prior to entering Mexico by vehicle.
2. Once the payment has been accepted, they will send the permit to your address within 7 business days.
3. Once you have received your permit, you must send a copy of the documents you provided during the application process in one of the following ways:
a. Sending the scanned documents by e-mail to email@example.com.
b. Through courier service to the following address: Av. Industria Militar 1055, Col. Lomas de Sotelo, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, México, D.F., CP. 11200.
c. Delivering them in person to any Banjercito office.
4. If you are a foreign citizen, you must approach a Mexican immigration officer in order to obtain the form, which grants you permission to enter Mexican territory.
5. Should any of the information you provide during the application process be found to be false, you may be subject to sanctions imposed by the Mexican authorities.
7. Banjercito reserves the right to deny any request for a permit should any violation of current law be found.
The visa issue for all crew members will has been taken care of by NOSA with the Mexican Officials, for N2E racers visas will be the the same as last year.
For assistance in obtaining your TIP call – 011-52-555-328-2329
This is a toll call to Mexico but they do not charge a fee to process you application.